Case Details

A fire broke out from an electric heater. Can I receive consolation money?

Household goods / electric appliances
Smoke rose from an electric heater I just purchased and a fire broke out. When I contacted the manufacturer, there was an apology and a refund of the price. However, I would like to ask for consolation money as the experience was scary.


The Consumer Affairs Center cannot make judgments about consolation money or indemnity. In Yokohama City and Kanagawa Prefecture, free legal consultations are available so please use it.